FOLLOWING SESSIONS ARE FULL:
- Social Media 101
- Social Media Ethics
- Probate System V
- Practical Ethics for Practical Attorneys IV
- NLAP: Dealing Without Burnout
- UPL Seminar
FOLLOWING SESSIONS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED:
- Women & the Law Section Seminar
- NLF Tailgate Party
Activity # 80340 20.0 CLE hours total, including 12.5 ethicsIowa
Activity #116345 17.5 CLE hours total, including 6.0 ethicsSouth Carolina
Activity #135610 20.0 CLE total hours, including 11.5 ethicsReal Estate Commission
9.0 total hours; to claim all 9 hours must attend all of the following seminars accredited:
- Real Estate Probate and Trust Law Section Seminar
- Practical Ethics for Practical Attorneys IV.
- Omaha Bar Association Seminar
- Natural Resources Law Section Seminar
- Agricultural Law Section Seminar
Welcome to the 113th Annual Meeting of the Nebraska State Bar Association, held at the Embassy Suites-La Vista. As lawyers we contribute to our communities and to our profession on a local, regional, statewide, and national level. Although we recognize some of our members for their outstanding contributions during the course of the year, we want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for your many contributions to worthwhile causes and to your service to the profession. During the past several years we have had the opportunity to meet many of you, both bar leaders and bar members, and we are so proud of what we Nebraskans have accomplished and will continue to accomplish going forward.
This year’s Annual
Meeting offers over numerous seminars of interest, a number of section and
committee breakfasts and meetings, lunches for Creighton, UNL &
University of Iowa alumni, In Honor of Your Honors Judges’ Reception, and
a late night reception sponsored by the Young Lawyers Section. We hope
you’ll join us Thursday night at the President’s Reception. All
together these gatherings are an important part of what we do as
individuals and as an organization.
- With the increase in annual meeting attendance, it is recommended that you REGISTER EARLY. Space is limited and when capacity for each seminar has been reached, the seminar will be closed to walk-in registrants.
- You MUST register even if you only attend the complimentary events.
- Tickets will be required for entrance to all CLE seminars. Tickets will be in your packet you pick up at the NSBA registration desk.
- NEW THIS YEAR - To receive CLE credit, you must sign the back of your ticket and hand it to a NSBA staff member at the door.
There are two options for registration:
- ONLINE - To register via the online process, please use the Members Registration link on the right side of the page. Payment is required to complete the online process.
- SUBMIT A HARD COPY FORM - To register via form, please use the Registration Form link on the right side of the page. This is a fillable PDF form. Complete the form and return to the NSBA offices along with payment.
for your confirmation email. Name badges, seminar tickets and the
on-site program will be ready for you at the registration desk located
in the Conference Center Lobby.REGISTRATION DESK HOURS
The NSBA registration desk will be open 7:00 am - 5:00 pm all three days of the Annual Meeting.
NSBA HAS GONE GREEN
You may download seminar materials from the NSBA website
and print them off before the conference. You will also receive a CD of materials in your registration packet. A
link to download materials will be included in your confirmation email
and will be available two weeks after the meeting as well.
Separate registration and program schedules will be provided for judges.
- Judges - Nebraska Judicial Branch Education Office - Carole McMahon-Boies (402) 471-0275
All events are scheduled at the Embassy Suites Omaha - La Vista Hotel & Conference Center. A block of rooms has been reserved through September 22, 2013. To reserve a room, visit: http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/O/OMAESES-SB2-20131001/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG or call (402) 331-7400 and request either the group name “Nebraska State Bar Association” or group code “SB2.”
Special rates cannot be guaranteed after September 22, 2013. If you require any special service or auxiliary aids to assist you while attending the annual meeting, please contact Sam Clinch at (800) 927-0117, ext. 125.